Blenheim EquiSports Young Hunter Series
$25,000 IN OVERALL PRIZE MONEY
PLUS complimentary show fees
The Blenheim EquiSports Young Hunter Series is open to all USEF recorded horses that are eligible to compete as a Young Hunter under the most current USEF Federation rules. The Series is comprised of 5 Classics (offering $5,000 Total Prize Money) and a Final (offering $10,000 Total Prize Money). The 2020 season commences July 15, 2020 and ends on August 23, 2020. The 2020 Final will be held during “Showpark Summer Classic now at Blenheim”, August 19-23, 2020.
Blenheim Young Hunter Classic Specifications:
- NO ENTRY FEE! $1,000 PRIZE MONEY! RIBBONS 1 – 12 & TROPHY
- Six horses are required to compete for the Young Hunter Classic to be considered held.
- Open to all Young Hunter age group sections (5 & U – 3’; 6 & U – 3’3”; 7 & U – 3’6”);
- Format: Two Round Hunter Classic using a designated class within each division as the First Round of the Classic; Round Two to include the Top 12 from all Young Hunter age group sections, based on scores received in Round One, returning to compete over a second round classic hunter course at their respective height as shown in Round One; 3’6” to commence first in Round Two, followed by 3’3” & 3’;
- Horses to receive USEF HOTY points for each Classic placing;
- Blenheim EquiSports Young Hunter Classics will be held at every Blenheim managed Premier rated competition from July 15 thru August 23, 2020 (five total);
- Horses may be ridden by a professional, junior or amateur;
- There is no limit to the number of horses a rider may compete;
Blenheim EquiSports (BES) Young Hunter Final Specifications:
The 2020 Blenheim EquiSports Young Hunter Finals will offer $10,000 in prize money and will be held during Showpark Summer Classic now at Blenheim, August 19-23, 2020.
1. All 5, 6, & 7 yr old horses who are Age Verified with the USEF are eligible to compete.
2. To be officially considered, the Blenheim EquiSports Young Hunter Final Declaration Page provided by Blenheim EquiSports must also be completed upon entry deadline (entries will be required to prove eligibility);
3. There is no restriction on the number of horses any one rider may compete and horses may be ridden by a professional, junior, or amateur rider;
4. Six entries are required to be entered and have competed for the Finals to count toward USEF HOTY points.
Order of Go: Random – Computer Drawn; Seven Years old and Under to compete first in Round One, followed by the Six Year Olds, and then Five Years Old; Five Years Old to compete first in Round Two, followed by the Six Year Olds and then the Seven Year Olds.
Format: Two Round Hunter Classic format; to be scored under the open numerical judging system. To be shown over a classic type course set at 3’, 3’3” & 3’6” in height. The top 12 horses will return to jump a second round in reverse order of their scores from Round One—see Order of Go for additional format; In case of ties, order of those tied will be drawn. Scores will be averaged from both rounds to determine the overall placing. In case of a tie for first place only, the tied horses will jump a third round over a shortened course to break the tie. In all other ties, the prize money will be added and divided equally and riders will toss a coin for the ribbons. The Finals will not count towards a Show or USEF Championship; however, horses will receive points – using the USEF “Hunter Classic” point structure – towards USEF HOTY Awards.
Attire/Awards: Formal Attire. Prize Money distribution: 30%, 22%, 13%, 8%, 6%, 5%, 4%, 3%, 3%, 2%, 2%, 2%; Additional Awards may be presented.
Entry Fee: $350
Karli Postel aboard SEBASTIAN
Allison LaJoie aboard PLAYBOY