Blenheim EquiSports Young Hunter Series
The Blenheim EquiSports Young Hunter Series is open to all USEF recorded horses that are eligible to compete as a Young Hunter under the most current USEF Federation rules.
The Series, which commences March 24, 2021 and ends on September 22, 2021, offers complimentary entry fees for all Young Hunter classes and classics during every Blenheim EquiSports rated competitions and a $10,000 Final to be held during International Jumping Festival, September 22-26, 2021.
Blenheim Young Hunter Classic Specifications:
- NO ENTRY FEE! $1,000 PRIZE MONEY!
- Offered at every Blenheim EquiSports managed rated competition from March 24 thru September 22, 2021 (seventeen total)
- Three (3) entries required for the classic to be held, however six (6) or more horses are required to compete for USEF HOTY points to be awarded;
- Open to all Young Hunter age group sections ( 5&U: 2’9″; 6&U: is 3′ and 7&U: 3’3”);
- Format: Two Round Hunter Classic using a designated class within each Young Hunter division as the First Round of the Classic; Round Two to include the Top 12 from all Young Hunter age group sections, based on scores received in Round One, returning to compete over a second round classic hunter course at their respective height as shown in Round One; 3’3” to commence first in Round Two, followed by 3’ & 2’9″;
- Horses may be ridden by a professional, junior or amateur;
- There is no limit to the number of horses a rider may compete;
Blenheim EquiSports (BES) Young Hunter Final Specifications:
The 2021 Blenheim EquiSports Young Hunter Finals will offer $10,000 in prize money and will be held during International Jumping Festival, September 22 – 26, 2021.
- All horses aged 7 yr old and under who are Age Verified with the USEF.
- There is no restriction on the number of horses any one rider may compete and horses may be ridden by a professional, junior, or amateur rider.
- Six entries are required to be entered and have competed for the Finals to be held and to count towards USEF HOTY AWARDS.
Order of Go: Random – Computer Drawn; Seven Years old and Under to compete first in Round One, followed by the Six Year Olds, and then Five Years Old; Five Years Old to compete first in Round Two, followed by the Six Year Olds and then the Seven Year Olds.
Format: Two Round Hunter Classic format; to be scored by a minimum of one USEF “R” rated judge using the open numerical judging system. To be shown over a classic type course set at 2’9″’, 3’ & 3’3” in height. The top 12 horses will return to jump a second round in reverse order of their scores from Round One—see Order of Go for additional format; Scores will be averaged from both rounds to determine the overall placing. In case of a tie the second-round score will break the tie.
Attire/Awards: Formal Attire. Prize Money distribution: 30%, 22%, 13%, 8%, 6%, 5%, 4%, 3%, 3%, 2%, 2%, 2%; Additional Awards may be presented. The Finals will not count towards a Show or USEF Championship; however, horses will receive points – using the USEF “Hunter Classic” point structure towards USEF HOTY awards.
Entry Fee: $350
Nick Haness Fan Club
Tara Metzner aboard Next Monday