Nick Gegen Is Triumphant In The Spring Classic III Grand Prix Presented By Equ Lifestyle Boutique
April 7, 2019 – San Juan Capistrano, CA – Nick Gegen aboard Arc De Triomphe, owned by Neaulani Farms emerged victorious in Saturday’s $50,000 Spring Classic III Grand Prix Presented by Equ Lifestyle Boutique.
Course Designer Peter Holmes created a technical 1.50m track on The Oaks International Grand Prix Field. Holmes shared his thoughts about the course, “It’s a 1.50m Grand Prix this week, up from a 1.45m. It’s going to require a great deal of precision. Blenheim EquiSports is really trying to set a standard. They want to see that scope; close to the international level. It’s great to see some competitors that are stepping up and bringing some of the best horses to a great competition.
Watch interview with Nick Gegen and his winning jump-off round (below).
An energetic crowd cheered on twenty horse/rider combinations as they navigated the first round track. Time was not a major factor, however, half the field fell victim to the second or third element of the challenging triple combination.
Nick Gegen and Arc De Triomphe
Cassio Rivetti was the first to go clear and would eventually see both of his horses make it through to the second round. He was joined by Gegen and two other riders, resulting in a five-horse jump off.
The jump-off course proved equally challenging. In the end, only Gegen and Arc De Triumph were able to navigate it fault-free in a time of 47.594 seconds. Cassio Rivetti aboard his second horse, Kaiser Van Het Lambroeck edged out the four-faulters with a time of 42.589, narrowly crossing the wire ahead of Mattias Ekeroth and Dacarlos with a time of 42.629.
Cassio Rivetti aboard Kaiser Van Het Lambroeck
Stay tuned as the Blenheim Spring Series continues with week four, April 10 through 14. Feature events include the $25,000 Markel Insurance 1.45m Grand Prix, $10,000 Antares Sellier 1.35m Open Jumper Classic, and $5,000 BES 1.35m Developmental Jumper Series Classic. Hunters also compete for USHJA/WCHR points and SmartPak Grand Hunter & High Score Awards.
$50,000 Spring Classic III Grand Prix Presented by Equ Lifestyle Boutique
Place –Number – Horse – Rider – Owner – Faults/Time
1. 624 – Arc De Triomphe – Nick Gegen – Neaulani Farms – 0/0/47.594
2. 812 – KaiSer Van Het Lambroeck – Cassio Rivetti – Neil Jones Equestrian Inc – 0/4/42.589
3. 272 -Dacarlos – Mattias Ekeroth – Mattias Ekeroth – 0/4/42.629
4. 197 – Billy Mexico – Vani Khosla – Vani Khosla -0/4/43.870
5. 813 – Emilie De Fremis – Cassio Rivetti -Neil Jones Equestrian Inc – 0/4/46.168
6. 583 – Cicomein VDL – Shawn Casady – HKC Collection LLC – 4/69.050
7. 628 – Skara Glen’s Presence – Zazou Hoffman – Skara Glen’s Stables – 4/72.675
8. 335 – Dexceminka – Gabriela Pattinson – Danielle Lean – 4/73.068
9. 725 – Escapado S – Katelyn Edwards – Mountain View West Farm LLC – 4/73.276
10. 759 – Interline H – Kaitlin Campbell – SWS Training – 4/73.300
11. 576 – Ceasar – Tina Yates – Ace Equestrian -4/73.698
12. 582 – Interactive Mortgage 07 – Tina Yates – Evette & Gregg Delong – 4/75.139
Photos by McCool Photography
Thank You To Our GeNerous Sponsors & Partners
Equ Lifestyle Boutique believes in thoughtful, uncomplicated design and it reflects in the curated, premium brands they stock, including Cavalleria Toscana, Horse Pilot, Kask, Parlanti, Alessandro Albanese, GPA, Veredus, and many more. Find them online at equlifestyleboutique.com.
Blenheim EquiSports, an equestrian event management company based in San Juan Capistrano, CA, produces events in three locations: San Juan Capistrano, Del Mar and Las Vegas, NV. The events include 19 USEF “Premier” rated hunter-jumper shows featuring five FEI CSI events, including a Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ North American League event; the Markel Insurance 1.45m Jumper Series & Final, Developing Jumper Qualifiers & Championships, USHJA International & National Hunter Derbies, Pony Derby Finals, the Whitethorne Equitation Challenge, Medal Finals and more.