Spring Classic Series Starts Wednesday – What You need To Know
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Blenheim Spring Classic I, returning to the Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park at San Juan Capistrano March 24 – 28, 2021.
This event kicks off Blenheim’s four-week Spring Classic Series.
Move-In for horses competing in Week 1 will begin at 12pm noon on Monday, March 22nd and will begin at noon on each consecutive Monday during the following three weeks.
Move-in will not be permitted prior to these dates and times.
COVID PROTOCOLS & WAIVERS
Currently, only riders, trainers, owners, grooms, and immediate family members are allowed on the show grounds as well as approved essential staff and registered vendors.
- If you are attending more than one week, you will only need to submit a single Online Form.
- When you arrive at the facility for the first time, your photo will be taken and this will be associated with your credentials throughout the Spring Series. A new wristband will be issued each week.
- Your unique cell number will be used to identify you.
- TRAINERS, please work with your riders and essential employees to ensure everyone submits the online form. If you need to submit the form on behalf of one of your employees using your email address, please ensure that your employee’s unique cell number is entered. Duplicate cell numbers will not be permitted.
EQUINE HEALTH & BIOSECURITY REQUIREMENTS
A certificate of vaccination (Sample Document Here) for each entered horse must be filed with the horse show office prior to issuance of show number. Completed certificates may be emailed to entries@ThePlaceToJump.com.
The certificate must list your horse’s show name and document that your horse has:
- Received regular and consistent vaccination against Equine Influenza and EHV 1 & 4 with most recent booster being within six months and not within 7 days.
- Not shown symptoms of or been treated for EHV-4/1 or any other contagious disease within the past 28 days.
- Not been at a facility under quarantine for EHV-4/1 or exposed to any horses showing symptoms of EHV-4/1 within the past 28 days.
Temperature checks must be performed twice daily for all horses on the property. Temperatures must be recorded on the temperature log posted on each stall. If there is an elevated temperature for more than a 24 hour period, please consult your local veterinarian immediately and report the situation to management. Isolation stalls will be available either on the grounds or at a local veterinary practice if the need arises.
It is recommended that your horse receive regular and consistent vaccination against Equine Influenza and EHV 1 & 4 with most recent booster being within 90 days.
You should be able to document your horse’s normal temperature before arrival. Please do not ship horses with elevated temperatures.
Every effort should be made to minimize stress and commingling of horses being shipped long distances. Extra hours on a horse van, or moving from stable to stable is the fastest way to compromise your horses and health of your neighbor’s horse.
Best of luck to all competitors!
The team at Blenheim EquiSports
Blenheim EquiSports, an equestrian event management company based in San Juan Capistrano, CA, produces events in three locations: San Juan Capistrano, Del Mar and Las Vegas, NV. The events include 19 USEF “Premier” rated hunter-jumper shows featuring five FEI CSI events, including a Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ North American League event; the Markel Insurance 1.40m – 1.45m Jumper Series & Final, Developing Jumper Qualifiers & Championships, USHJA International & National Hunter Derbies, Pony Derby Finals, the Whitethorne Equitation Challenge, Medal Finals and more. New for 2020 – an additional four County Horse Shows sanctioned by the Orange County Horse Show Association and the Greater San Diego Hunter-Jumper Association.