Weekly Update (plus Photo & Video News)
We are excited to announce that during the Blenheim Summer Classic, Showpark Summer Classic @ Blenheim, Blenheim Fall Tournament and International Jumping Festival, we will be partnering with Ride on Video and McCool Photography to bring you live streaming, individual ride videos and photos from all the rings. For the owners and parents who have been unable to watch their horses and children perform during the pandemic, we hope that this media service will be the next best thing to being ringside. Your production fee will include the following:
- Live streaming and individual rides will be available to view and download at https://showpark.com/photos-video
- All photos can be downloaded in low-res and will be available at https://showpark.com/photos-video
Before I get into the nitty gritty of the various health protocols, let me start by saying that all of our staff and volunteers were immensely impressed by how much everybody took it upon themselves to follow the detailed (and at times confusing) guidelines mandated upon us by the authorities. While the strictness of our protocols was a shock to some at the outset, by the 2nd week of our July shows, it became apparent that everybody was pulling together for our collective good…and of course the viability of the sport itself! As she always does each week, Melissa asked if I would include the following explanations and reminders:
- Each week, every essential person entering the property must fill out the current week’s release which can be found on our website at https://showpark.com
- Upon your initial arrival, please have your release confirmation code ready to show upon entering the Riding Park.
- Each day, please arrive with your cloth mask on. You will be asked about symptoms of COVID-19, exposure to COVID-19 and your temperature will then be taken. If there are no issues, you will be given a wristband. Keep the wristband on until you return the next day, at which time the process will be repeated, and you will be issued a new wristband.
- Please adhere to the “show and go” policy requiring all competitors and trainers to minimize their time spent on the grounds.
- Cloth masks or face coverings must be worn at all times, except while mounted. Also, please note that masks with holes or perforations in them do not qualify as acceptable cloth face coverings…These types of head wear might work well while skiing, but not as a preventative for disease transmission!
- Remember to maintain a 6’ distance from one another at all times, including while eating. As Peyton had to remind people on numerous occasions during our July shows, the virus doesn’t take a “time out” while we eat…And he is happy to give a more detailed scientific explanation to anyone who is interested!
- And finally in the interests of social distancing, the USEF has mandated that congregating around and/or in a parked golf cart is prohibited.
Good health and good luck to all!
President, Blenheim EquiSports
Blenheim EquiSports, an equestrian event management company based in San Juan Capistrano, CA, produces events in three locations: San Juan Capistrano, Del Mar and Las Vegas, NV. The events include 19 USEF “Premier” rated hunter-jumper shows featuring five FEI CSI events, including a Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ North American League event; the Markel Insurance 1.40m – 1.45m Jumper Series & Final, Developing Jumper Qualifiers & Championships, USHJA International & National Hunter Derbies, Pony Derby Finals, the Whitethorne Equitation Challenge, Medal Finals and more. New for 2020 – an additional four County Horse Shows sanctioned by the Orange County Horse Show Association and the Greater San Diego Hunter-Jumper Association.