Safety Guidelines For Upcoming Shows
We are extremely grateful for the overwhelmingly positive response to the upcoming Blenheim EquiSports Summer Series and the Surf & Turf County Show, scheduled to begin this week at the Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Park at San Juan Capistrano.
Safety is our top priority and many of you have questions about new rules in place to ensure the health and well-being of everyone at the showgrounds.
Blenheim EquiSports has created a COVID-19 ACTION PLAN based on current federal, state, county, city and USEF guidelines.
THINK Show and Go!
It is important to minimize the number of people on the showgrounds at any one time. Every effort has been made to make your time at the show as efficient as possible. Please monitor the ShowGroundsLive Order of Go and coordinate with your trainer.
Here are the answers to some of your frequently asked questions:
Who will be permitted on the showgrounds?
- Access will be limited to essential personnel only.
- In compliance with current protocols for the State of California’s reopening of “Professional Sports” (without live audiences), spectators are not allowed. Unfortunately, that means no spouses, family members, friends, personal photographers, owners and not more than one parent (if the rider is a minor).
How will access be monitored?
- Every person accessing the showgrounds is required to submit a Waiver Of Liability.
- The Waiver will be available online, 48 hours prior to move-in day.
- The waiver covers a single show week and a new waiver must be submitted each week.
- Once submitted and approved, you will receive a confirmation code via email.
- When you arrive at the showgrounds, before entering the parking lot, you will need to identify yourself and provide your unique confirmation code.
- At that point you will be given a wristband.
- The wristband MUST be worn during the entire week.
Are tack room set-ups allowed?
- Yes, as long as you maintain social distancing at all times.
Click here to access additional information provided by the USEF regarding social distancing and mask requirements at horse shows.
It is imperative that we work together, to ensure a safe and successful path, as we move through the phases of reopening.
Thank you to all!
Blenheim EquiSports, an equestrian event management company based in San Juan Capistrano, CA, produces events in three locations: San Juan Capistrano, Del Mar and Las Vegas, NV. The events include 19 USEF “Premier” rated hunter-jumper shows featuring five FEI CSI events, including a Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ North American League event; the Markel Insurance 1.40m – 1.45m Jumper Series & Final, Developing Jumper Qualifiers & Championships, USHJA International & National Hunter Derbies, Pony Derby Finals, the Whitethorne Equitation Challenge, Medal Finals and more. New for 2020 – an additional four County Horse Shows sanctioned by the Orange County Horse Show Association and the Greater San Diego Hunter-Jumper Association.